I am glad to have shared with you this secret recipe to cooking awesome tandoori chicken. Now you can have it to enjoy at home. It's easy and authentic!
When I wouldn't be home for dinner, I usually cook it. My children ate it and said it was really good and always ask me to make it again. You'll be amazingly surprised!
#1. Ingredients of tandoori chicken recipe #1 (For 6-8 servings):
1 pt. yogurt
1/2 c. white vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. red chili powder
1 tbsp. garam masala
1 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 chickens, cut up and skinned
1/3 c. red color, optional
1 heaping tbsp. garlic/ginger paste or 4 garlic cloves, mashed, 1 piece fresh ginger (size of walnut), minced
1/2 c. oil
Cooking Instructions of tandoori chicken recipe #1:
- Mix all ingredients well in a large pan, deep enough to hold 4 chickens. Make 3 deep gashes with sharp knife into each breast, 1 long gash down legs and 3 gashes on thighs.
- Marinate the chicken halves for at least 6 hours and preferably overnight, turning the pieces occasionally to coat them well. When ready to cook the chickens, remove them from the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees for at least 1/2 hour. Put the chicken in a shallow pan, breast side up. Roast until crusty, about 20 minutes. Turn over and roast 10 minutes more. The chicken should be deeply crusted but never scorched.
Notes: COOKING ON A CHARCOAL GRILL: Wipe the grill with a bit of oil so that the chicken will not stick. Brush the chicken with the marinade and sprinkle with lemon juice. Grill until chicken is golden red, about 15 minutes. Turn and grill until the second side is golden, about 10 minutes, basting once with lemon juice.
TO SERVE: Put the chicken on a large heated platter, on a bed of lettuce leaves. Decorate down the center of the platter with thin lemon wedges and thin slices of red onion.
Ingredients of tandoori chicken recipe #2 (For 4 servings):
1 (2 to 3 pound) chicken, skinned and quartered
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground allspice
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Cooking Instructions of tandoori chicken recipe #2:
- Make cuts in the chicken flesh, almost to the bone. Pour 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice over the chicken and rub in the salt.
- Combine the tandoori spice, yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oil and the vinegar. Coat the chicken with the mixture, rubbing well into the cuts. Place the chicken in a 13×9 inch pan, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake covered chicken at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking.
To discover more information about other chicken recipes besides the tandoori chicken recipe, please visit to 300 Chicken Recipes
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joch_Purn